How we support children to catch up in reading
How we support children to catch up at St Dennis Primary Academy
- Through Pupil Progress meetings, those children who are not making good progress have interventions planned for them. These children also become prioity readers and read daily with a trained adult.
- Context sheets for each cohort have been created to idently and target support to those children who have not met the expected standard at key points (e.g. EYFS, PSC, KS1 Reading).
- Parent Support Advisor liaises with staff and where reading progress is a concern, offers support to the household.
- Diagnostic data from PIRA enables teachers to plan learning that focuses on specific reading domains.
- RWI assessments are undertaken every half term (by the Phonics Lead) and children are identified for 'keep up' or 'catch up' interventions which could be delivered 1:1 or in small groups.
- Planned interventions are reviewed regularly and staff leading these meet with the Phonics Lead / SENDCo to discuss progress.
- We use Provision Map to track the impact of interventions.