What is Growth Mindset?
A Growth Mindset is the belief that abilities can be developed through effort and practice. Children with a Growth Mindset persist in the face of challenges and understand that effort and hard work can change ability and intelligence.
How we support pupils to have a Growth Mindset
- We teach and explain about Fixed and Growth Mindsets
- We create a safe space for risk taking and challenging ourselves
- We praise perseverance and use of strategies
- We take advantage of mistakes
- We have high expectations
- We explain that some things take time and effort
- We remember that our brains are always developing
- We have visual cues within the classroom - 'yet' posters
- We celebrate Growth Mindset verbally and through the chosen pupil of the week