Parent Support Advisor
Hi, I’m Wendy! I am here to support you with any worries or concerns you may have. I work every day and you can contact me for a chat or to arrange to come in and see me, whichever you prefer. I am also available for informal chats at our Coffee and Cake Parent Drop-ins.
Contact details: 01726 822546 or email@example.com
As a Parent Support Advisor I am here to support you and your child(ren) to get the very best from school by providing support, advice and information.
We all know parenting isn’t easy and at times it can be really tough!
In my role I will help you with any worries you may have about your child’s behaviour and attendance and provide support on how best to deal with it.
We may not have all the answers, but together we can work out how to find them.
What do I do?
- I work together with the school to help and support parents and carers in their role as parents/carers.
I do this by:
- Working with parents and carers to try to help with issues around the children’s behaviour or school attendance
- Helping parents and carers with other parenting issues
- Working in partnership with parents and carers and the school, and helping access any further services a family may need
- Working with parents and carers to try to make sure the children are getting the most out of school and are safe and happy.
How do I do this?
- I offer one-to-one support.
- I listen to parents and carers and give confidential support and guidance.
- I provide information about other relevant services in Cornwall.
- I can put parents and carers in touch with support groups
- I listen to the voice of the child
- I work directly with children to understand their thoughts and feelings.
If you are a parent or carer, we hope you will find the web links below useful.